If you find that outlook is crashing or slowing down and generally misbehaving, there is a chance that an add-in has been installed by some software on your PC. To test this you can remove or disable the add-ins. Follow the guide below on how to remove or disable add-ins in Microsoft outlook.
This is a simple process for all versions of outlook.
In Outlook 2003 and earlier, add-ins are found on the Tools, Options, Other tab.
- Click the Advanced Options button.
- Click COM Add-ins button and uncheck add-ins to disable.
- While most add-ins are listed under COM add-ins, some may be in Add-in manager.
- Return to Outlook.
In Outlook 2007 and 2010, you need to go to Tools, Trust Center, Add-ins.
- Select COM Add-ins from the dropdown at the bottom of the dialog
- Press Go.
- Uncheck the add-ins you suspect might be keeping Outlook open
- Close the dialog.