Windows 7 has a nice little feature which allows you to mount a volume as a folder rather than a drive letter. This can be useful for something like ITUNES where you have a drive full of music and you would just like to see it as a folder.
To do this follow these quick instructions.
1) On your standard C drive create a folder with a name of your choice.
2) Then click on the start menu, right click on “computer” and select manage.
3) You will see your standard Computer Management console, go down to Disk Management.
4) On the right hand side of your screen you will see all your volumes. Right click on the volume you want to use and select change “drive letter and paths”.
5) You will see the following screen. Select Add.
You will then get the following options. Select Mount in the following empty NTFS Folder.
6) Then simply browse to the folder you created in step one. The volume will then be mapped to the folder you created.
Tags: Hard Drive