Like me, you may have recently logged onto your PC or Laptop and one or all of your office apps show the following message..
You will find the following symptoms:
- You click next in all apps and the alert appears on next restart of the device
The issue is related to an update release by Microsoft, take a look at the following link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/05/01/microsoft-office-new-privacy-controls/ .
The issue appears to be that the update has caused an issue with the registration of the office applications, to confirm this do the following:
- Open up any Office Application ( here we use Outlook)
- Select Outlook>File>Office Account
- Under Subscription Product Microsoft Office 365, there should be your email address under “Belongs to”
If your email address is missing, the resolution is simple.
- In the top right hand corner of ALL your office applications select your user account
- Select Sign out
- Reboot PC / Laptop
- Sign back into all Office 365 Applications
- When prompted, Activate Office again
You will then see your email address is registered again correctly.