Such a simple problem to fix but I see this all the time, you setup your 365 federation between your domain and office 365, it all syncs up but when you see your users in 365 some or all of the users have domain.onmicrosoft.com accounts instead of your domain.
This is normally one of two things:
- The SMTP proxy address is not populated with the users domain email address.
- The UPN is not set to match the federated 365 domain.
Both are easy to change, the SMTP proxy address can be populated here…
And the users UPN can be change like so.. http://www.techieshelp.com/add-alternative-upn-change-default-upn/
Once done we need to re-sync, but you need to remove the users from 365 first. The most simple way to remove the users from 365 is as follows.
- Move the user from the OU that ADConnect syncs with to a temporary OU.
- Confirm the user after 30 minutes is in deleted users in 365.
- Force the deletion of the user in 365 by connecting to 365 with this article .
- Then run this command to delete the users –
Get–MsolUser –ReturnDeletedUsers | Remove–MsolUser –RemoveFromRecycleBin –Force
- Move the user back to your 365 OU and resync.
Hope that helps a few people out there.