Microsoft recently changed how we import PSTs into clients office 365 environments by allowing us to use Azure storage blobs to upload our PSTs, then import them into 365.
You may notice after creating your import script that none of the PSTs are actually imported and all the mailboxes sit at 0%. If you look closely you will see the following message on the import status.
Fairly self explanatory message however a tad disappointing the Microsoft do not warn you about this during the import process. To add your user then do the following.
- Browse to 365 home panel.
- Select Admin Centres and Exchange.
- Select Permissions.
- Click”+” to create a new role.
- Name the role Import Export.
- Under Roles locate the import export role.
- Add the desired user.
- Wait an hour and check back!
As seen below, your import jobs will now start to progress.