If you are considering moving the DHCP service to another server then you may think that it will be a nightmare to recreate your scope settings, all your exclusions and various other settings. Not so, follow the step by step guide below on how backup and restore your DHCP database.
This is quite simple, follow the steps below to do so.
1) Go to you DCHP console in Admin tools
2) Expand your server option then select “backup”.
3) You will then get an option to save the database to a folder of your choice, do so.
4) Now, browse to the area you saved the file to and you should see the file DHCP.TXT as seen below.
5) Thats it, its backed up. To restore simply select restore instead of backup as seen below and browse to the txt file.
Remember, now that you have migrated your DHCP database will will need to authorize your new DHCP server and also decommission the service on the old DHCP server.